So ever since I can remember I have had this OCD tick I guess. I guess you could call it that. I do.
Sometimes, little things just bug me, in my head I think about how they use to be and for a millisecond it's almost sad, I guess the best I could describe it to would be wanting to make things the way they use to be.
I was sitting on the balcony at Matt's apartment and wrapped up in my red blanket I have had for about a year now. As I sat and looked down at the red material some-what matted and worn, no longer as vibrant and silky, I thought of why I had it in the first place. It was last winter when FL got SUPER cold for ... a week or so. Eric and I were still living together and we were both major blanket hogs so I got it to put on top of the comforter in case one of us (mostly me) took it all. I ended up sleeping in that every night because it was so comfy. I use to wrap myself up in it, then his arms around me. (ah the memories of a good relationship) So now almost a year later the blanket is no longer as bright but, it is still as warm as ever, warmer than any blanket I have ever had. There was even a piece of cat hair on it from Cali's countless nights sleeping with me in the last few months of Orlando. So when I looked at it, I was a bit annoyed, or sadden, either way it's slightly ridiculous when I think about it. I miss the way it use to be and what it ment I guess, not in the way I am sure you are reading into this but simply the memory of the new blanket. Cuddling in it every night with or without someone, it truly was a great buy. Yet annoyed that it can not stay the same, I have learned to welcome change with open arms, however, I don't think I will ever be to fond of it.
This theory has just always come up in my life with different items or people. Hmm.
*grabs blanket and covers self laying down*
Sweet Dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment