Wednesday, April 28, 2010

you be the producer..let me know when your done...

Ok thanks bye!

EXCUSE ME! EXXXXXCUSSSSE ME?

Lets start with the facts:

I have a lot of talented friends... not in a snobby way but they sing, dance, play instruments, draw, capture through photography, write all that jazz.. fact one.

I would love to be a manager for artist and even more so Iam working on opening a technical agency to deal strictly with engineers, set designers, light designers, and production/touring crews... fact two.

Yes, I do in fact love being apart of projects that suck up my social life and time because it is really what I want to do in my life and what I have been doing has sucked my life up into a wonderful collection of ...mix drinks if you will.. that are simply delish and have great looking garnishes (not like that fancy umbrella your thinking of more so like a twisted rind of a lemon or lime or perhaps the fruit you would find holding itself with pride on the side of a Pina Colada). <-- Fact three.

Now lets get down to what happen:

I can not simply run everything for you until you have run out of options, money, time, and patience. You can not simply just think I am going to pull everything out of thin air... while I have been known to get some amazing deals done and really just pulled together something into nothing (with the help of lady luck and some good karma) I CAN NOT MAKE EVERYTHING WORK ALL THE TIME. I am not perfect and really it terrifies me that you hold me up to such a standard. I would love nothing more than to have all the answers for you but in this situation I am going to need a plane ticket and a hot meal! I really dislike it coming down to all of this and to tell you the truth it took me all night last night not to lose my mind trying to get this deal for us...while you were sleeping. Its the price I assume we all pay in our job somewhere, you having to sleep and dream about musical notes dancing around taylor swift as she plays her guitar and gets into a cat fight with kanye west and I myself pulling my hair out at 2am with the licensing guy for central park who feels the need to take care of important business at all hours of the morning.

The myth here is that while in fact you think I have 9 million hands to take care of everything ALL THE TIME alas god has not granted me with such a gift and while I am greatly appreciative of you thinking of me in such high regards, please take a step back before you ask me to type a cover letter because "you just didn't remember how". I'm not saying that simply asking for the cover letter is to much because really it takes all of 5 seconds. I am simply asking that you take those 5 wonderful seconds reach your hand out to the keys of this laptop and go to the google tab. That in short would save me energy and time as I spend an hour an a half securing a rental license with a videographer and shifting through paperwork to find the licenses and budget that you mailed me in basically a neatly, organized, typed up BALL OF PAPER.

All-in-all lets say that for the night we were successful in getting all licenses and rental gear secured.. now if only we could find a stage manager...

No comments:

Post a Comment