Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hospitals.

They have never really freaked me out. Did you know about 40% of the general population is terrified of them. (Did you know most facts on WIKI are made up)I think the worst part of this whole idea is the unexpected nature of it really. No one really EXPECTS to be in the hospital. What about births you ask? Well let's look at it this way...yes you have a due date and maybe your being induced and they tell you when to show up..but chances are it's not when you planned and when your cousin gets a call 1,500 miles away they really didn't expect it at all. Deaths, well they are the worst it is either hours, days, and weeks of family in and out, waiting. Making plans for the future, coming to terms with loss, and expressing that last moment together and creating the memory to revisit the person in spirit once they are gone from their physical being. Surgery is something never enjoyable, it's long, and uncertain, followed with a hint of pain. That pain not just for the person but those like me...waiting out here...something can always go wrong. Trying to stay positive is always good but being human, and being me, you can't help but think "what if". I often wonder about the workers here when I find myself in these freezing hallways and waiting rooms. I could never do this. I couldn't imagine watching the things that come in and out every day. I guess there is another obvious clue to my carrer path...artist managers are more common in rehabs or detox centers for their clients than a hospital. Ha. That I can deal with rehabs and detox ( drugs and their effects have always captured my attention) but hospitals...no thanks. Of course like most people I prefer to visit fr births...who doesn't like BABIES!

That would just be wrong. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment