Who runs anymore? I am starting to think that me and Austin are the only two that run. TEN MILES and who did we see, three other people..one had a small child with her so I guess we can say four. This is in a heavy populated town at about 7:30 which leaves one to wonder where everyone goes? Two years ago people running was a common thing you saw at 6 o'clock on the dot. Now a days everyone is in their homes watching America's Got Talent and CSI. Note that this is now the evening norm for the same people that are at the mall at 2 in the afternoon. Does no one in this town work anymore? Is this the town letting little "work from home" comapanies compete with the fortune 500's? I never ran before but now it's addicting. My dad (born a runner) has always told me the stories of his cross country, hurdleing, Jr. Olympics, ect. Myself, I could never seem to get the hang of it. I was always running to fast for long distances or complaining how hot it was at p.e. Now I think I finally have the swing of things.
Step one: Find shoes you ACTAULLY like to run in.
Step two: Find a sweet running partner who likes to talk about his job as a dancer on a cruise ship and his list of ex boyfriends who seem to never end. Who always likes to end the run by yelling "Look at us skinny bitches".
Step three: IPOD
Step four: A smile.
Who knew running would be almost as therapeutic as a best friend and some ice cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment