Saturday, May 22, 2010

Why is everyone so angsty lately?

To start this off were gonna go with I am GENERALLY a happy person. I like to laugh and smile, laughing makes me a positive person.

Yes I do enjoy music and its really the only thing that has made much sense to me for quite some time. However, we can really talk about anything and I enjoy listening to the general knowledge you have, or talking about pointless nonsense, there is no preference as long as we are going to discuss something.... well i take that back we can just sit and exist really. It seems that silence bugs the hell out of people. They feel awkward and look around and that makes me look around and feel awkward but, sometimes just sitting and existing is the best part! Especially for all you Full Sail kids who listen to music all day... what is so wrong with sitting quietly and just listening to the music as it encompasses you. (Isn't that the whole idea here?)

Now here is where we subtract the music chit chat and go with being HUMAN. I feel as if almost everyone I have met here is trying so hard to be into what's hip or what they believe sounds good and running with it (I'm talking marathon running). No one ever talks about why they are happy or sad, what goes on in their life minus school and listening to music while everyone gets drunk. No one shares the past and everyone is so caught up in the "now" that they don't have an answer for the future. Don't get me wrong these things are fine and we don't have to get all life meaning and heavy every time we have conversations but, there is more to a person. At least I think there has to be... music can be YOUR LIFE but, you have more to you than just that.... don't you? Don't I? I feel like everyone I have met in the past year is so scared to talk about themselves...WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!! Ok well I know why I mean who just opens up to people about whatever is really going on in their minds with a general basis of friendship established (besides me... at least I use to). I find it strangely comforting if we happen to just begin a conversation and it leads to a topic in which I can see another side of you, something that takes a little effort to portray other than what you think I am expecting. Do you know the feeling? That sense that no, your not the only person who went through something or feels a certain way. I yearn for a human being who just wants to talk about EVERYTHING and who is feeling something besides the rhythm blasting from the speakers but rather is propelled by the speakers singing and the emotions we carry with us everyday.

It's almost like consistent people watching.... watching people holding back emotions. It's almost like being consistently alone all the time. I see you all thinking and feeling and hear nothing coming from your sewn lips. Perhaps that's why music is such a driving force for these people, it says everything we can't or wont say.

I'm just throwing out if there are any people who would like to talk about anything,everything, needs someone to listen or wants someone to listen to... your not alone.. at least I hope your not because then that would leave me here by myself as well. This is why everyone is so angsty lately there are more bottled emotions than a soda factory! I think this is what a therapist or counselor is for...

But then again I have always found more comfort in complete "unprofessional" strangers and people I call my friends.

So to sum this up in short: we have been friends for over a year now, what the heck are you feeling? And for that matter why do we never talk about it?

Everyone is so touchy lately...so snappy and bitter so I am just GENERALLY TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE! How is it working out?

No comments:

Post a Comment