Tuesday, June 15, 2010

On a hot day like this....

I wonder how people in 800 B.C survived! I mean I know the layer clothing actually keeps the body cool when taking the sweat and basically using it as an air conditioner but did Jesus ever walk outside and just say "Never mind everyone, let's go trek and spread the word of God tomorrow because it is way to hot today!"
Or what about the Romans when fighting in battle with pounds of heavy armor? "No battle's today thank you, Rome wasn't built in a day, so today can wait!"
Settlers in the first wars of the early Americas? "I claim this land for the Queen and King of England but it is to hot to load the ships today so they will just have to wait for their cash crops!"
What about in the days of Harriet Tubman? Leading slaves to freedom through swamps and underground tunnels of dirt and swamp water, sleeping in cellars during the day while the sun beat down on the barren land?! "I will save these people tomorrow the heat is just unbearable!"

On hot days like these where we in our day and age barely want to put on long pants or dread spending time just walking from the car (which is air-conditioned for most of us) to the safe haven of the air-conditioned building only a couple of feet away....

I wonder how many great leaders and just people in general either stopped what they were doing or put something with the potential to change the human race on hold just because it was a bit to hot outside.

Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment