Saturday, June 12, 2010

Your a weird kind of friend..

but I really enjoy it.

It's been some time since I have had a friend like this before and its kind of strange. A friend who gets me, who I spend time with doing simple things and who I feel comfortable saying pretty much anything I feel like. Can I just say YOU FREAKING ROCK! It's nice to not feel like someone has any expectations of you other than to be yourself. It's extremely refreshing and I do believe as few and far in between as people like you are, it's a very nice surprise none the less.

*This is the point where the cat is outta the bag*

So to continue, this blog all spun from a conversation I was having with my mother. We were watching "The Holiday" that my father had put on because he likes Jack Black (I think it gives him the feeling of being "cool" or "hip") and he tries to cut down on the slasher and sysfy shows when we are all watching something together. My mother says to me, "so who are you going to Universal with?" I list off the regulars and she asks me where everyone is from... as soon as I mention California she's all over it. We begin talking about the great state in general and before I know it... this turns into the facts I know about you conversation. My mom says "Well.... if I didn't know him before I certainly know him now, he seems very nice and a good friend." Then I was thinking and I was like well.... yea... yea he is a great friend. I mean who else watches 30+ episodes of Who's Line Is It Anyway? Us. I am pretty sure that those who would watch that from the outside would be jealous. So the first part of my blog is in homage to you my friend for being... yourself! (A little boost never hurts anyone's ego right?)

So onto the rest of life....

I have this new out look on things in this town Brandon, Fl. When I first moved here at the young age of 9 I loved it. But, let's be honest when you are 9 and have a brand new house, with a new school and new friends and you have just gotten out of the ghetto of St. Petersburg what is not to be happy about? As the years went on I made a name for myself and somehow gained a lot of respect by people... middle school and high school came and went. Then moving to Orlando distance between everyone grew and you lose touch (it happens). So the first year coming back to visit went a lot like this...

-Come home, eat for free with parents, spend time with them, get ready, go out, (insert illegal activities here), come home at 3am.
-Repeat.

It was great don't get me wrong. It was a sense of belonging to a group of people that came back with stories and new aspects of life to share. That got old quick... now everyone who comes back here on break either hates it or out of pure boredom spends it completely effed up. So this next year coming home has been farther in-between and no one really talks or gets together much except for the holidays. This is how visit's typically go now...

-Come home, eat with parents for free, spend time with family, spend time with family, run into random old friends from the 9th grade, hang out for a bit, make plans to see eachother in the next five years.
-Repeat.

This town is duller than I remember. I always told my parents I wanted to grow up by the beach but, no we got Tampa. I'm sure they regret still being here as much as I would, thank god I got out before I ended up like some people I know. The one bright side to this town is Downtown Tampa tho...it truly is beautiful to me and I have spent many great nights just sitting out by the bay with friends and bottles of wine ( much like tonight) and shouting songs at the top of our lungs, that's something I wouldn't trade for the world. Nostalgia for the win, right?



Ran across from pictures from State while cleaning out my old laptop for my mother.

Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment